6/28/2022: Proud Horizons is now meeting bi-weekly on the dates July 9, July 23, August 6, August 20, September 3, September 17, October 1. Proud Horizons will not meet on Saturday, 7/2/2022.
We are back to in-person meetings every other Saturday unless this page and/or our social media indicate otherwise. We hope to see you next week!
Proud Horizons is a social support group specifically for LGBTQIA+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, and more) youth ages 13 to 23.
If you want to talk about coming out to family, classmates or coworkers, or if you are trying to decide how you feel about your sexuality or gender identity, this is the place for you. Perhaps you are straight or cisgender, but have an LGBTQIA+ friend you want to support. This is also the place for you. Anyone within our age range who is genuinely interested in attending is welcome.
New to the Group? Please complete our Youth Sign-Up Form at go.unl.edu/phform This adds you to our email list if you give us permission to contact you, and saves you time at your first meeting. This is not a listserv sign-up for guardians, parents, or others. It is only for youth joining the group. Supporters should check our website or social media for updates pertaining to meetings.
- When: Saturdays, 4:00-6:00 PM
- Where: UNO’s Milo Bail Student Center, Multicultural Affairs Office (1st Floor main hallway, enter through QTS), on UNO’s Dodge Campus
Getting to Proud Horizon’s Meeting Location:
- Physical Address: 6203 University Dr N, Omaha, NE 68132
- Campus Map & Parking: Click here for UNO’s Dodge Campus map. Milo Bail Student Center is labeled building 18 on this map. No parking permit is required in general use stalls on Saturdays (parking meters, accessible spaces, fire lanes, loading zones, and other reserved spots are all still enforced).
- Driving Directions: Click here or use the interactive map below for Google Maps directions.
- Bus: The nearest Omaha Metro bus stop is the UNO stop (62nd & Dodge Street) on the ORBT line. Plan your bus trip using MyRide.
- We also do not meet on the Saturday of the Heartland Pride parade and festival.
Follow us on social media for updates!
Directions to our meeting location at UNO’s Milo Bail Student Center